It's too muggy to think, so the cinetrix is coming at ya bullet-stizz, as Whatevs would say.
- You Might Be a Redneck (or a Zombie) If... New York's Logan Hill breaks it down. [Please note that both genres employ underdressed, overacting starlets.]
- Worst. Mentor. Ever. Gary Susman at Entertainment Weekly counts down the 10 worst role models this side of Charles Barkely.
- 25 New Faces of Independent Film 2005. Matthew Ross and the crew over at Filmmaker single out the best and brightest. The cinetrix only knows of one, but if they're all as good as Jake Mahaffy, that's very good indeed.
- Holiday Road. USA Today [hate the playa, not the game, please] pairs vacation destinations with flicks--for grown-ups and children--to watch en route. Props for recommending Diamonds Are Forever to Vegas-bound tots.
- Doing It For the Kids. The British Film Institute thinks parents are too cautious and has come up with its own list of must-sees for kids under 14. The Guardian chimes in with its picks: Time Bandits, anyone?
- Barnyard Epithet. Perhaps also for the kids; perhaps not [depends on the kids]. Sac, ever the giver, directs us to a list of films that use "fuck" more than 100 times.
[Credit where credit's due: Alison over at IFC pointed the way to some of these goodies.]