A quick recap, as I have only a half hour 'til the day's first screening.
Saturday night's session 1, Overture, opened with the Spiritualized song namechecked in this post's title. Programmer Josexto Cerdan has continued this practice throughout, although not everyone's noticed it.
- The Coming Race, Ben Rivers (2006)
- Paralelo 10, Andres Duque (2005)
- On Rubik's Road, Laila Pakalnina (2010)
- La Ofrenda, Lourdes Portillo(1988)
- We the People, Ben Rivers (2004)
Sunday morning saw Family Affairs, introduced accidentally but aptly by American Music Club's "Home" the same hour I learned of the drummer's death.
- Family Nightmare, Dustin Guy Defa (2011)
- Fokus, Sami van Ingen (2004)
- Free Land, Minda Martin (2009)
Session 3 was Me and the Devil, starting with "La Leyenda del Tiempo" by Camaron de la Isla.
- The Devil Never Sleeps, Lourdes Portillo (1994)
Sunday night's session, Traces, got trippy. Music: "Debriefing," by Vic Chestnutt
- Trypps#7 (Badlands), Ben Russell (2010)
- Ah, Liberty!, Ben Rivers (2008)
- Teodors, Laila Pakalnina (2006)
- The Odds of Recovery, Su Friedrich (2002)
Monday, Monday began with Ghosts and Aphex Twin's "Gwely Mernans."
- Beyond-ism, Sun Xun (2010)
- Coal Spell, Sun Xun (2008)
- Soldats Anonims, Isaki Lacuesta (2008)
- 48, Susana de Sousa Dias (2009)
Then it was the afternoon of the Anti-Anthropologist, with the Violent Femmes' "Hallowed Ground" kicking things off:
- Daume, Ben Russell (2000)
- Trypps#6 (Malobi), Ben Russell (2009)
- Sip'ohi: El Lugar del Mandure, Sebastian Lingiardi (2011)
- River Rites, Ben Russell (2011)
The evening: Clash! The music? "Waiting Room" by Fugazi.
And now I'm gonna be late! More anon, like links and images.