It may have been around 3:30 when a group of new folks demanded I explain the discussion dynamic to them. Or while I was watching the umpteenth game of foursquare. (No, really.) Or maybe it was a little later, when Shahril was explaining the political process in Malaysia to me, that I realized I was going to need to skip this morning's screening if I had any hope of completing some paying work by the time I'd promised it. Bad, bad seminarian!
Anyway, as a break from my work/break, I give you the program since last we met.
Tuesday morning, "Paradises"; music: "Valse de la Demoiselle aux Yeux Verts," Pascal Comelade.
- The Creation As We Saw It, Ben Rivers (work-in-progress)
- Moana, Robert & Frances Flaherty, sound (!!!) by Monica Flaherty Frasetto (1926/1981)
Tuesday afternoon, "Legacies (The Undead)"; music: "All the Way," Billie Holiday.
- Title TK (Mother's something?), Minda Martin
- Dress Rehearsal for Utopia, Andres Duque (year TK)
Tuesday evening, "No More Heroes" at the Hamilton Theatre; music: "Give Me Your Love (Love Song)," Lambchop
- My McQueen, LourdesPortillo (2004)
- Los Pasos Dobles, Isaki Lacuesta (2011)
Wednesday morning: no screenings.
Wednesday afternoon, "Chiaroscuro." Music: "The Stars in His Head (Dark Lights Remix), Colin Stetson.
- Luz Obscura, Susana de Sousa Dias (work-in-progress)
- Heroes No Longer, Sun Xun (2008)
- Las Pistas (The Clues) - Lanhhoyij - Nmitaxanaxac, Sebastian Linguiardi (2010)
- Tu Resteras Hyene Etc. (L'impossible - Part V), Sylvain George (2009)
Wednesday evening, "On Life and How to Live It"; music: "Batiscafo Katiuscas," Antonia Font.
- Love, Minda, Minda Martin (2003)
- The Head of a Pin, Su Friedrich (2004)
- Three Men and a Fish Pond, Laila Pakalnina & Maris Maskalans (2008)
- Al Mas Alla, Lourdes Portillo (2008)
Wednesday late night screening info TK.